Skip to main content

Avengers: Endgame Review (SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!)

Image result for avengers endgame
(Img: The Verge)

Avengers: Endgame is one of the most hyped movies of the past year or so. After all, it is the sequel to Avengers: Infinity War which came to theaters (and Netflix) in 2018. The movie was filled with lots of action and suspense, as well as crossing over some of the heroes of other, less popular Marvel movies, such as Ant-Man and the Wasp, Valkyrie from Thor: Ragnarok, etc.

A Quick Summary (Spoiler Warning)

The movie starts off with Hawkeye with his family, right after the Snap (this will be capitalized throughout this article to put emphasis on Thanos' snap at the end of Avengers: Infinity War). He and his daughter were practicing using a Bow and Arrow (Hawkeyes' weapon). His daughter went to go and ____, but was quickly turned to dust along with the rest of his family.

The rest of the heroes that were in Infinity War decide to go find Thanos on the planet he's hiding on. They question him for the infinity stones only to find out that he's destroyed them. Thor proceeds to chop off Thanos' head.

The rest of the movie introduces characters along with a 'time heist' to retrieve earlier versions of the Infinity Stones and use them to undo the Snap.

My Opinion 

While I do believe that this movie was well made and the story gave us an out-of-the-box solution to undo Thanos' Snap, I believe that it could be a bit better.

For example, one of the reasons I think that the movie could have had some improvements is the working together of the characters. It was never explained why Captain America was able to pick up Thor's hammer. While it is a cool thing to know, it could have had a bit more explanation to it.

There was also one scene where all of the female characters came to help each other. While I understand that this did have an underlying theme of feminism and that women are just as powerful as men, I do not understand why that scene would be included.

These are my opinions, however, so please don't get flabbergasted or butt-hurt about it. There was a similar scene with Thor becoming overweight and I do not see the reason for that to be included as a joke either.

Other's Reactions

The movie already has its fair share of memes among the community. 


Conclusion

I recommend everyone who is a Marvel fan to watch this movie. While it does have some questionable moments in the movie, it is well paced and tells an interesting story that you are gonna love until the day you die. 

Comments