Skip to main content

Being An Entrepreneur In Today's World

Image result for entrepreneurship photos

Being an entrepreneur isn't easy. It never was, and it never will be. Lots of work goes into creating your own company from scratch.

What kind of company do you want to be? What side of the industry do you want to be on? Which people or businesses can I team up with? There are many things to consider. In today's world, creating your business or company is as easy as ever.

Why Its Getting Easier

In today's world, being an entrepreneur is as easier than ever before. Want to start an online store? Set up a website and market it. Want to sell dad joke t-shirts? Buy them, sell them for a slightly marked up price.

According to Forbes, "'Now days, the entry barrier to become 'an entrepreneur' has never been as low as it is today with the Internet being the way it is.'" Since you don't have a physical store, you can be open 24/7/365. That's attractive to customers (or visitors, if that's how you set up your business). You can literally earn money as you sleep.

I decided to create BluJay Media because I wanted to have an influence on social media. I also want to create content for the internet. So, I decided to write articles for the internet and utilize social media to my advantage.

While it did take a few days to set up the social media accounts and write my first article, I now own, am the founder of, and am the CEO of BluJay Media. 

The Future Of Entrepreneurship


With future technologies, owning your own company will be even easier. Many entrepreneurs of today believe the same.

 J. Colin Peterson believes that there will be preference on self-employment. "We've hit a tipping point, I believe," he stated, "where young professionals are seeing a brighter future working for themselves than working for someone else." He believes that the economy style will change, and that there will be more gig workers than full-time workers.

If Peterson's prediction is correct, then many of the full time jobs of today won't exist. They will still be jobs, but with more emphasis on job postings & getting paid for gigs than working doing one thing for one company for an entire day.

Conclusion


Entrepreneurship, while difficult (even in today world) is accomplish able if you have enough persistence and dedication. There will always be dips in your company's income and/or popularity. If you're lucky enough, you may just be the next Elon Musk.


Comments